Each classroom furnishes high-level instrumental equipment, unique to the sector in the European context:
• 16 grand and baby grand pianos
• 32 electronic weighted keyboards
• 27 complete drum sets
• 50 amplifiers for guitar and bass
• 11 voice systems for singers
• 20 hi-fi systems
• 40 Apple computers with musical software
• 13 Midi Keyboards
• 13 Mixer-studio
• 2 double basses
• 2 electronic basses
• 1 vibraphone
• Brazilian and African percussion instruments
Classrooms open from 9:00am to 12:00am, from Monday to Friday, for individual and group study.
Access to the library archives at the “Study Center”, where the following is available: 3,000 volumes, more than 10,000 journals and more than 40,000 audio recordings, from Edison’s first cylinders to the current audio video recordings: CDs, DVDs, etc. Assistance for theses and dissertations is also available.
Didactic Library with more than 600 volumes in manuals and video, integrally indicized and computerized.
All students enrolled will be given their own account and password with which they will be guaranteed access to the network that offers intranet services, such as the consultation of musical bases and scores on line, specific musical software for the study of the jazz prepared by the school, and internet access for the consultation of web resources.
Free Wi-Fi for enrolled students that bring their own computer or Tablet.
Detailed daily programming and organization of courses, from the dates of each appointment during the eight months of lessons, to the times and classrooms for each lesson, to the exam schedule and the dates for the public exercises and student and instructor Jam sessions.
Daily continuous assistance and support offered to students and instructors by all of the administrative personnel, library and at the archive personnel at the “Study Center” and by the didactic management.
- • The Tuscan Regional Office for the Right for University Study, (Azienda Regionale per il Diritto allo Studio Universitario della Toscana) announces a scholarship competition for the 2012-2013 academic year. The students who intend to participate in the scholarship competition must complete the appropriate on line form, following the steps indicted on the website: www.dsu.toscana.it. For questions and clarifications on scholarships and the application, please contact the “Servizi Interventi Monetari” of Siena at: Borse.email@example.com Tel. 0577 292839.
- The Siena Jazz Foundation, thanks to the participation of local, regional and national institutions and entities, concedes a series of scholarships to deserving students that distinguish themselves in the admissions exam. The scholarships will partially cover the entrance fees and the number of students and economic substance will be published by September 15th on the official site of the SJU courses – Siena Jazz University
The Azienda Regionale per il Diritto allo Studio Universitario, through the “Articolazione Organizzativa” of Siena is available for lodging in student housing and access to the university cafeterias according to the appropriate law in force. It’s possible to participate in the scholarship competitions for the scholarships dedicated to our university students.
In addition to the institutional activities of the Azienda Regionale per il Diritto allo Studio Universitario, there are also Conventions for room and board with various private structures in the city and in the immediate periphery of the city.
Activation of Erasmus projects through conventions with prestigious European musical institutes.
Specific conventions for collaborations and exchanges of students and instructors with some of the most prestigious European and American Institutions, such as the Jazz Department at the Superior Conservatory of Paris, the Conservatory of Maastricht, the Jazz Department at New York University, and the “Global Jazz Institute” of Berklee College of Music, etc.